The Ivy Asia Guildford is opening very soon and if you love sushi and sashimi, you’ll be in your element.
Specializing in Asian cuisine, the craze is mounting for the chic restaurant, which will be unlike anything else on the city’s gastronomic scene.
Open seven days a week for lunch and dinner, the elegant restaurant will be decorated in the same way as its two other restaurants; The Ivy Asia Chelsea and the Ivy Asia St Paul’s in London.
READ MORE: New restaurant The Ivy Asia Guildford opens next month
We’re told we can expect big, bright, vibrant colors on walls and floors, striking artwork, plush Asian fabrics, colorful wallpapers, and gorgeous antiques.
The lavish venue will open inside the Tunsgate area on March 14, a stone’s throw from the historic cathedral and next to The Ivy Castle View.
With pan-Asian classics alongside exciting new dishes and incredible vegetarian and plant-based options, there’s something to please every palate (even those who aren’t sushi fans).
But it’s not all about the food, the cocktail list also looks amazing.
Below, we go over the food and drink you can expect when the restaurant opens.
Join our What’s On mailing list for things to do, events and places to visit in Surrey.
You’ll receive brilliant ideas straight to your inbox, and signing up is completely free.
From where to take the kids and go out to eat, to celebrity gossip, hidden gems and secret spots you’ll want to explore, we’ve got Surrey covered.
It takes a few seconds to register – just tap here, enter your email address and click ‘What’s On’. That’s it!
Changed your mind? There is an “unsubscribe” button at the bottom of every newsletter we send.
A la carte menu of Ivy Asia
- Black cod €29.75
- Clay pot prawn and tamarind curry £15.50
- Teriyaki grilled salmon £17.25
- Fried rice with lobster and flavored duck €21.95
- Grilled lamb cutlets €22.50
- Chicken Robatayaki and Hot and Sour Plum Sauce £17.95
- Slow-cooked pork belly with Asian barbecue sauce €17.95
- Sirloin of beef with tempura eryngii mushrooms £24.95
- Yasai chahan clay pot, glazed Japanese mushrooms with asparagus, black truffle and rice €14.75
- Amberjack sashimi with fresh truffle salad €12.95
- Salmon sashimi with spicy yuzu and avocado salsa £9.75
- Bang bang salad with soft shell crab €11.95
- Spicy Slow Roasted Beef Salad £11.95
- Popcorn shrimp tempura €8.75
- Vegetable tempura €7.95
- Sesame crusted prawn dumplings £8.50
- Skewers of royal oysters, padrón pepper, miso and cashew nuts £7.25
- Aromatic semi-crispy duck for two £32.50
- Seared wagyu beef maki rolls £14.50
- Maki rolls with avocado €7.95
There is also a lunch option which is available Monday to Friday from 12pm to 4pm and costs £19.95 pp or £23.50 including dessert.
It includes vegetable and shiso tempura, shaved vegetable salad, sesame-crusted shrimp dumplings, pork and kimchi dumplings, the Ivy Asia roll, and an avocado, cucumber and asparagus roll .
Afternoon tea is also available for £26.95 pp and you can upgrade with champagne (£35.95 pp).
It is available every day from 3 p.m. to 5 p.m.
If you’re celebrating with a group, you have a choice of two sharing experiences for four or six guests, from £50 pp.
- Royal Sakura €12.75 – Mancino cherry blossom vermouth, Briottet rose liqueur and champagne finished with a red rose petal
- Shikoku spritz £12.75 – Roku gin, Lanique rose petal liqueur, aloe vera, soda and prosecco
- Beijing sling £10.25 – Vodka, Umeshu plum sake, jasmine, vanilla, lime, apple juice and plum bitters
- Sweet Harmony £14 – Whisky, blackberry liqueur, maraschino cherry liqueur, lime, sugar and a vegan mousse
- Fu £12.75 – tequila, coffee liqueur, Bailey’s Irish Cream, Frangelico Hazelnut Liqueur and Himalayan Salted Honey Syrup. Served with a fortune cookie
- K-pop passion £14.75 – Absolut vanilla vodka, passion fruit puree, orange juice, kumquat liqueur and Bottega golden prosecco on the side, all topped with a flamboyant passion fruit shell
- Thai Green Curry £11.75 – Cazcabel Coconut Tequila, Ginger, Lemongrass, Coconut Water, Lime, Coriander, Green Tabasco, Green Chilies and topped with Vegan Coconut Mousse
- Lavandula martini £10.5 – Vodka shake with cherry blossom vermouth, lavender, lychee and lime juice
- Hot Peach Highball £12.5 – Chivas Mizunara Cask Whiskey with Peach, Lemon Juice, Ginger and Topped with Fever Ginger Ale
- Matcha smash 14.75 – Kinobi kyoto gin shaken with yuzu, ginger and matcha green tea syrup finished with shiso leaf
- Zandaka Espresso Martini £11.95 – Wyborowa Vodka, Expre Coffee Liqueur, Coconut Cream, Espresso Coffee and Chocolate Bitters
Download the SurreyLive app for the best reading experience and to get news from the areas that matter most to you. Get it via the App store for iOS or Google Play for Android.
Sign up for our newsletters so you never miss an update on a topic or location close to your heart.
Contact us with your news, photos or information. You can also comment below with your views and opinions.
In your region has news and event information tailored to a postcode of your choice, whether that’s where you live or work.