DUBLIN–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Nov 14, 2022–
The report will provide an updated examination of the global collagen market, focusing on its source, product type, form, and application. Definitive and detailed estimates and forecasts of the global collagen market are provided, followed by a detailed analysis of regions, countries and manufacturers.
Collagen is a crucial ingredient in the nutraceutical, cosmetic and pharmaceutical industries due to its many positive effects on body systems including muscles, joints, bones, skin, blood, hair and many more. others. Although the human body naturally produces collagen, the body also obtains it through diet and supplements.
Most supplements come from a range of plant and animal sources, with cattle, pigs and marine species including fish, jellyfish and sponges being the most popular. Genetically modified yeasts and bacteria are less common sources.
As collagen becomes more and more popular in the health and wellness industry, virtually every health food store now carries collagen drinks, supplements, powders and other products. Public interest in collagen is growing as more studies demonstrating its health benefits come to light and more people become aware of the incredible quality of collagen supplements.
Market size and estimates are provided in terms of value (US$ Million) and volume (MT), considering 2021 as the base year, and market forecast is provided from 2022 to 2027. Market size at regional level as to source, product type and application are provided. The impact of COVID-19 has been taken into account in the marketing estimate.
The report also includes a discussion of the key players in each regional collagen market. Further, it explains the key drivers and regional dynamics of the global collagen market and current trends within the industry. The report ends with a special focus on the vendor landscape and includes detailed profiles of the major vendors in the market.
- An updated review of the global collagen (a type of fibrous protein) market
- Global market trend analyses, with market revenue for 2021, estimates for 2022, and compound annual growth rate (CAGR) projections to 2027
- Estimation of the actual collagen market size in terms of value (USD million) and volume (MT), and corresponding market share analysis by source, product type, application and region
- Identification of key drivers and restraints that will shape the collagen market as a basis for projecting demand over the next five years (2022-2027)
- Regional Market Outlook and Country-Specific Data and Market Value Analysis for United States, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Japan, China, India, South Korea, Germany, United Kingdom, France, Spain, Russia, South Africa and United Arab Emirates
- Highlights of the impact of COVID-19 on the collagen market globally, with pandemic implications on collagen demand and supply, price impact, and various strategic decisions taken by the government to drive this market
- Review of Granted Collagen Patents, Emerging Developments in the Global Collagen Market and Insightful Patent Share Analysis by Assignee Country
- Market share analysis of leading market players in the global collagen market, their research priorities, product portfolios, ongoing products and company competitive landscape
- Descriptive company profiles of major global players including Amicogen Inc., Gelnex, Junca Gelatines SL, Nippi Collagen NA Inc., PB Leiner, Rousselot BV and Weishardt Group.
1.1 Aims and objectives of the study
1.2 Reasons for doing this study
1.8 Analyst Skills
1.10 Related Research Reports
Chapter 2 Summary and Highlights
Chapter 3 Market Overview
3.2 Supply Chain Analysis
3.2.1 Supply of raw materials
3.2.3 Marketing and distribution
3.4 Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
3.4.1 Supplier bargaining power: weak
3.4.2 Bargaining power of buyers: moderate
3.4.3 Threat of Substitutes: Low
3.4.4 Threat of new entrants: moderate
3.4.5 Intensity of competitive rivalry: high
3.5.1 Post Pandemic Collagen Market Overview
3.5.2 Impact of Covid-19 on collagen supply
3.6 Methods of collagen extraction
3.6.1 Enzymatic hydrolysis method
3.6.2 Acid hydrolysis method
3.6.3 Alkaline hydrolysis method
3.6.4 Alkali-enzyme method
3.6.5 Acid-alkali oxidation method
3.6.7 Salt solubilization method with salting out
Chapter 4 Market Dynamics
4.2 Consumption Trends Impacting the Collagen Market
4.3 Market Growth Factors
4.3.1 Dietary Supplements Market Growth
4.3.2 Increase in demand for sports nutrition
4.3.3 Benefit of collagen in sports nutrition
4.3.4 Increase in Demand for Cosmetic Products Containing Collagen
4.4.1 Vegan/vegetarian population growth
4.4.2 Cultural constraints limit market expansion.
4.4.3 Concerns about disease transmission
4.5.1 Growing market for functional foods and fortified foods.
4.5.2 Growing Application in Medical Industry
4.5.3 Growth of meat industry
Chapter 5 Market Breakdown by Source
5.2 Bovine as a source of collagen
5.3 Pork as a source of collagen
5.4 Marine as a source of collagen
5.5 Poultry as a source of collagen
Chapter 6 Market Split by Product Type
Chapter 7 Market Split by Application
7.3 Nutraceutical supplements
7.4 Pharmaceuticals and health care
7.5 Cosmetics and personal care
Chapter 8 Market Breakdown by Region
8.2 North America Collagen Market by Country
8.3 Europe Collagen Market by Country
8.4 Asia Pacific Collagen Market by Countries
8.4.5 Rest of Asia-Pacific
8.5 South America Collagen Market by Country
8.5.3 Rest of South America
8.6 Middle East & Africa Collagen Market by Countries
8.6.2 United Arab Emirates
8.6.3 Rest of the Middle East and Africa
Chapter 10 Competitive Landscape
10.1 Market Share Analysis
10.2 Development of new products
10.3 Extensions and investments
Chapter 11 Business Profiles
- Amicoge inc.
- Biocell Technology LLC
- Ewald-Gelatin GmbH
- Gelita AG
- Italgel SRL
- Junca Gelatins SL
- Lapi Gelatin SPA
- Nipi Inc.
- Nitta Gelatin Inc.
- Pb Leiner
- Rousselot SAS
- Sterling Gelatin
- Titan Biotechnology
- Weishardt Group
Laura Wood, Senior Press Officer
For EST business hours, call 1-917-300-0470
For the United States and Canada, call toll-free 1-800-526-8630
For GMT office hours call +353-1-416-8900
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: TECHNOLOGY FITNESS & NUTRITION BIOTECHNOLOGY FOOD/DRINKS GENERAL HEALTH HEALTH PHARMACEUTICAL COSMETICS RETAIL FOOD TECH
SOURCE: Research and Markets
Copyright BusinessWire 2022.
PUBLISHED: 11/14/2022 1:50 PM / DISK: 11/14/2022 1:51 PM
Copyright BusinessWire 2022.