If you’re looking for a satisfying snack recipe that sounds a little more impressive than cheese and crackers (no cheese and crackers hate), we have a recipe for you. Coming from Season 2 Episode 2 of Cooking with Adam Liawwe have a sweet little recipe for chijimi with garlic, chives and spring onions, or Korean pancakes, which makes the perfect between-meal treat.
Do you want to try this easy recipe of The kitchen at home? Of course you do. Here is your guide.
Cook Up’s Garlic, Chive and Chive Chijimi Recipe
By: Adam Liaw | Serves: 2-4 as a snack | Preparation time: 10 minutes | Cooking time: 10 minutes
What you will need:
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- 150 g (1 cup) plain flour
- 1 egg
- 250 ml (1 cup) ice water
- salt, for seasoning
- 1 bunch garlic chives, cut into 3 cm pieces
- 6 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 small carrot, julienned
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- ½ teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- ½ teaspoon korean chili powder
- 1 clove garlic, minced
Instructions for The Cook Up’s chijimi recipe:
- For the batter, place the flour, egg and ice-cold water in a bowl and whisk together until smooth. Season well with salt, then stir in the garlic chives, spring onions and carrot.
- Heat a small skillet over medium heat and add the oils. Pour the batter and fry for about 4 minutes on each side or until crispy.
- While the batter is frying, combine the dip ingredients. Remove the pancake from the pan, sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve with the dip.
The new season of Cooking with Adam Liaw kick-off Monday March 21 on SBS.
If you want to see more recipes from The kitchenthen check out our articles on beef stroganoff and mozzarella flatbread.