In a review of the “Evidence-Based Complementary Alternative Medicine” section, published by the National Library of Medicine in 2004, researchers found that a large amount of traditional Chinese herbal formulas were documented.
Yi Yeong-Deug and Chang II-Moo, researchers from Seoul National University’s Natural Products Research Institute, jointly write in the journal: “In world medical history, traditional Chinese medicine was the one of the most advanced medical sciences until the end of the 17th century. . Many kinds of medical literature and classics have been recorded; however, more than 12,000 medical classics are still scattered in libraries across China.
With so many combinations and herbs available, can you imagine how complex it is to formulate a Chinese herbal prescription?
For thousands of years, records show that traditional Chinese medicine has been used for beauty. Emperors and empresses often asked their palace doctors to discover new herbs or formulas to reverse aging or help them stay beautiful and young longer. This is due to a common concept in the practice of traditional Chinese medicine that what’s wrong on the inside will show up on the outside first: on your face.
Ritsugaku Ken, a traditional Chinese medicine physician with the Japan Toyo Medical Association and president of the Heisei Acupuncture Clinic at Kurashiki Heisei Hospital, said in an interview, “There are a considerable number of herbal prescriptions in the traditional Chinese medicine books of the past. Each covers various dermatological needs of modern women, such as removing freckles, rejuvenating or brightening the skin. The Japanese practitioner said the beauty secret is even more relevant to the human body than Western cosmetic history.
Dr. Ken has shared the following eight home-brewed Chinese herbal drinks for anti-aging, nourishing, and brightening skin that you can enjoy at home with obvious improvements.
1. Nourishing Almond Tea
You will need 12 g (0.43 oz) ground almonds, 6 g (0.22 oz) osmanthus flowers and rock candy to taste.
Function: Maintain youthful skin and eliminate scars.
1) Bring a pot of water to a boil.
2) Place the almonds and cook for 15 minutes.
3) Pour in the osmanthus flowers and cook for another 10 minutes.
4) Pass through a sieve and remove the mixture of flowers and almonds at the timed moment.
5) Add a little candy sugar according to your preference for the sweetness of the hot drink before serving.
Note: This tea is not suitable for people with loose stools, menstruation or pregnancy.
2. Brightening melon seed tea
You will need 6 g (0.22 oz) winter melon seeds, a bowl of clean, sliced winter melon and 800 ml (27 fl oz) water
Function: brightening, moisturizing
1) Put winter melon seeds in medicine or refillable tea bag. Put aside.
2) Clean the watermelon. Cut into slices with the skin on.
3) Put all the ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
4) switch to low heat and cook for 10-15 minutes
5) Sieve the tea.
6) Allow to cool before serving. Consume once a week
Note: This tea is not suitable for people with frequent urination, pregnancy or chronic digestive diseases.
3. Anti-Aging Tea
Function: Nourishes liver qi and eyesight, relaxing, anti-aging and moisturizing the skin.
You will need: 2g (0.07 oz) Goji berries, 2g (0.07 oz) cinnamon, 2g (0.07 oz) hawthorn, 2g (0.07 oz) chrysanthemum
1) Put everything in a cup.
2) Pour 300 ml (10 fl oz) of water into the cup.
3) Let steep for two minutes.
4) It’s ready to serve.
5) You can have a second cup by filling with hot water.
Note: This tea is not suitable for people who are pregnant or have excess stomach acid.
4. Stay young with rose tea
Function: Increase Qi and Nourish Blood, Improve Weight Loss, Regulate Liver and Stomach.
You will need: 10 g (o.35 oz) rose, 10 (0.35 oz) motherwort
1) Put all the ingredients in a cup.
2) Pour hot water and let steep for 10 minutes.
3) It is best to cover the tea with a lid while steeping.
Note: This tea is not suitable for pregnant, menstruating and blood and qi deficiency.
5. Anti-dark spot tea
Function: Strengthen the spleen, lighten dark spots and reduce edema.
You will need 8g (0.28 oz) Poria Cocos or FuLing, 12g (0.42 oz) lotus seeds, 12g (0.42 oz) barley
1) Clean all the ingredients.
2) Reduce to low heat and simmer for about 600 ml.
3) Allow to cool before serving.
Note: This tea is not suitable for pregnant women.
6. Complexion-enhancing tea
You will need 3 g (0.11 oz) winter melon pit, 2 g (0.07 oz) Tao Ren seeds (Prunus Davidiana), 2 g (0.07 oz) rind of dried orange, 3 g (0.11 oz) green tea and 3 g (0.11 oz) rock candy.
1) Put the winter melon pit, Tao Ren and dried orange peel in a pot of 500ml water.
2) Bring to a boil.
3) Put on low heat and cook for 15 minutes.
4) Sieve and remove the ingredients. Set the tea aside.
5) Add green tea to hot tea. Add candy sugar to taste.
6) Serve hot once a day.
7. Honeysuckle Acne Clearing Tea
Function: antibacterial, eliminates heat and toxins. Remove acne.
You will need 6 g (0.21 oz) honeysuckle
1) Put the honeysuckle in a cup of tea.
2) Add boiled water.
3) Cover with a lid and steep for 5-10 minutes.
4) Serve immediately.
Note: This tea is not suitable for people with weak spleen and stomach.
8. Wrinkle Removal / Liver Stimulating Tea
Function: Nourish the liver and kidneys, moisturize and prevent wrinkles.
You will need 8 g (0.28 oz) Huang Jing (Polygonatum sibiricum), 12 g (0.42 oz) goji berries, 12 g (0.42 oz) Tu Si Zi or Cuscuta Chinensis seeds
1) Clean all the ingredients.
2) Add to 1000 ml (2.1 pints) of water and bring to a boil.
3) Reduce heat to low and simmer until 600 ml (1.26 pints).
Note: This tea is not suitable for people with splenic insufficiency and diarrhea.
After looking at secret beauty tea recipes, which one would you like to try?